Chelsea Set to Remove Todd Boehly as Chairman

Todd Boehly will step down as Chelsea chairman in 2027, as part of a remarkable arrangement among the club’s American co-owners, Mail Sport reports.

The agreement allows for the rotation of the chairmanship every five years between them.

This transition is anticipated to occur at the conclusion of the 2026/2027 season. Despite holding a minority stake, Boehly is slated to be the first to step aside under the terms of the takeover deal.

Clearlake Capital, managed by co-owners Behdad Eghbali and Jose Feliciano, holds a 61.5% share in the club’s holding company, while Boehly, along with Hansjorg Wyss and Mark Walter, splits the remaining 38.5%.

It’s believed that the selection of Boehly as the initial chairman is linked to the terms of the 2022 sale agreement.

READ ALSO: Manchester City and Chelsea Face Relegation Threat

According to the agreement, Boehly’s group would bear any initial losses in case of a sale or realization event.